Operator respects and values the privacy of everyone who visits our Website and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Operator obligations under the law.
Operator - SonarBytes s.r.o., id. No. 44 653 905, seated at Záhradná 596,
Viničné 900 23, Slovak Republic, registered in the Commercial Registry held by the District Court Bratislava I, insert No. 57528/B.
Website - website located primarily at https://notepanel.com/ and other related
subdomains of notepanel.com.
Account - an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our Website.
Data Controller - the entity that determines the purposes, conditions, and means of the processing of personal data. For the purpose of this document, it is your organization.
Data Processor - the entity that processes data on behalf of the Data Controller. SonarBytes s.r.o. as an Operator is the Data Processor and data are processed in our cloud services based on rules setup by you, Data Processor, in your NotePanel cloud application.
II. GDPR Compliance
This Website and its services are GDPR compliant. You can read below how we collect and process the data.
III. How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Website;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Website;
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email newsletters, product updates, invitations to webinars, and marketing emails that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message received from us;
- Analysing your use of Website and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Website and your user experience;
- By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for custom audience targeting on sites like Facebook, where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communications from us.
- In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or telephone or text message with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- Advertisers whose content appears on Website may engage in what is known as “behavioural advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below in section 12. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Website.
- Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
IV. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Data Retention Policy.
Our Data Retention Policy is: Data related to the profile of the user (Personally Identifiable Information) are kept for two years after the user’s last login. After two years from the last login, the user profile will automatically be deactivated and all personal information is then made anonymous or deleted completely. When data is kept only in an anonymous form, which does not allow for personal identification, users will still be able to continue using our software and products which does not require user login. This way we ensure that we do not prevent users from using our products even after their personal information is deleted.
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Website and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Website.
- All information collected from you is stored in a technically and physically secure environment. We use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, and we do everything we can to protect user information offline.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
V. Do We Share Your Data?
- We will not share your data with other companies.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required by any legally binding request that is made of Us.
VI. How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit information via Website, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and or by managing your Account).
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in Lithuania: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receive.
VII. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
- You may access certain areas of Website without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Website you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section in 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 15, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
VIII. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website may store information about the User using cookies (files which are sent by the Website to the User's computer or other access device) which the Website can access when the User visits the Website in the future. The purpose of using cookies on the Website is primarily to remember the User's settings and preferences regarding use of the Website, to keep track of User's session related data, and to gather general usage statistics regarding use of the Website. By using the Website you agree to storage of or access to information stored on your terminal equipment. Please note that by deleting Website's cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Website.
X. Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 14 below).
XI. Contacting Us